Daemen College has been recognized as one of the top military friendly and veteran supportive institutions in the country in two national rankings.
For the eighth consecutive year, Daemen has been selected by Victory Media as a Military Friendly School, which is awarded to top colleges, universities and trade schools in the country for doing the most to embrace student veterans and have dedicated resources to ensure their success in the classroom and beyond graduation.
Daemen has also been named a top school in the 2017 Military Advanced Education and Transition Guide to Colleges and Universities that measures best practices in military and veteran education.
In other recent distinctions:
- Daemen has received a Food Recovery Challenge Regional Award from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency Region 2 in honor of the college’s outstanding achievements in preventing and diverting wasted food as a participant in the EPA’s Food Recovery Challenge, which encourages organizations to improve their sustainable food management practices.
- University Research and Review has selected Daemen as a 2017 Best Value School award recipient, making it one of fewer than 100 institutions across the country selected to receive this prestigious national designation. Selection for the award is based on the variety and quality of programs offered, student satisfaction with the institution, accreditation, and cost.
- The college’s Global and Local Sustainability Program has earned the top ranking in the nation among the “Best Value Small Colleges for an Environmental Science Degree.” The 2017 ranking was announced by Best Value Small Colleges, an online guide to the best values in college education in the country.
- Daemen has been named one of Upstate New York’s top 30 “hardest colleges to get into” as based on admission rates in rankings released by Syracuse’s Post-Standard newspaper. The regional list is based on college admission rates from the 2014–15 academic year provided by colleges and universities to the federal Department of Education.
- Daemen has been ranked in the top five nationally on the “25 Best Value Small Colleges for an Accounting Degree” list, and is among the top 10 in the nation on the “35 Best Value Small Colleges for a Biology Degree” ranking released by Best Value Schools.